What’s more fun than working out when you’re in crazy amounts of pain? If you answered, “Uh, like, everything,” you are correct! Injury is the biggest factor that can keep a person away from realizing their full physical potential. So today, we went to Physical Culture in Encinitas, California, to meet up with Dan Pope (@fitnesspainfree) and Ryan DeBell (@themovementfix).
Unlike other strength and fitness coaches we’ve interviewed, Dan is also a physical therapist specializing in pain management. His business is Fitness Pain Free. And Ryan is a coach and chiropractor specializing in making sure you don’t mess yourself up. He’s the man behind The Movement Fix. Their forces combine on this week’s podcast to help you heal, keep you from hurting yourself, or both, all while getting an awesome workout.
Listen in to hear about specific modifications for specific injuries or differences. Every body is different, and the ideal squat isn’t going to look exactly the same for everyone. Learn about the squat technique that both helps pinched hips and has caused our guests to receive hate mail! Listen in as Ryan and Dan talk us through backs, hips, knees, and ankles, and how to get the best performance out of all of our often uncooperative bones and muscles.
Bonus: If you need help modifying workouts for athletes who have pain or even yourself, check out Ryan and Dan’s course on modifying workouts. Get $100 off the course when you use the promo code “shrugged” at checkout. Go to barbellshrugged.com/movementfix to learn more about the course.
This Week on Barbell Shrugged, We Interview Ryan DeBell and Dan Pope to Discuss:
- Specific modifications for common injuries
- How natural differences in body shape can create different “neutrals”
- Squatting. All about it.
- Differentiating a workout for competition or overall fitness
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for video:
- Learn more about the The Movement Fix.
- Follow The Movement Fix on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Get $100 The Movement Fix Modifying Workouts Course for $100 off with promo code “shrugged” here
- Subscribe to Barbell Shrugged on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram for the newest episodes and updates.