Every wonder why it’s been deemed bad for your knees to squat below parallel? Want to know the truth?
This week on Barbell Shrugged we had Dr. Aaron Horschig from Squat University on the show. Aaron has a doctorate in physical therapy and specializes in squat mechanics. He’s done a ton of research on squat mechanics and injuries and shares it with the world so we wanted to have him on the show to pick his brain a little bit.
We cover squat injuries, fixes, and myths. Like the infamous “Squatting deep is bad for your knees.” He shares some insight into how that movement got started and where we are at today with the research.
If you want to learn more about how to assess your own squat or your clients, get out the note pad and tune in to this one. You are going to learn a LOT!
- Get Aaron’s book the Squat Bible here
- Fix Your Squat: Part 1 – Ankle Mobility for Squatting w/ Dr. Aaron Horschig of Squat University
- Fix Your Squat: Part 2 – Hip Mobility for Squatting w/ Dr. Aaron Horschig of Squat University
- Fix Your Squat: Part 3 – The Butt Wink w/ Dr. Aaron Horschig of Squat University
- Follow Squat University on Instagram (@squat_university) and check out Aaron’s website Squat University.